The department is a lively community that is recognised internationally as one of the top centres for research and teaching in development studies.
ODID's Proochista Ariana Wins Most Acclaimed Lecturer Award
We are delighted to announce that Proochista Ariana, departmental lecturer in global health and development at ODID and the Department of Public Health, has been named Most Acclaimed Lecturer in the Medical Sciences Division in the OUSU Student-led Teaching Awards for 2013.
Proochista won the award for a module on health and development, which is available as an option on the MPhil in Development Studies, with nominations from students at both ODID and DPH.
The awards, which are entirely student-led, aim to recognise great teaching at Oxford and to help engage students more effectively in their academic experience. They are also used to support good practice at the university, with winners and nominees invited by the organisers of the award to further talks about their teaching methods.
The awards are made in two categories: Most Acclaimed Lecturer and Innovation in Teaching. Nominees for the Most Acclaimed Lecturer were judged on the following criteria:
- Lectures are engaging and informative, leaving the student with a strong grasp of their subject area and a desire to learn more.
- Lectures are well prepared and supporting information is provided.
- Lectures are coherently and clearly executed.
- Lecturers express visible enthusiasm for the lecture subject.
- Lecturers are available to answer questions, are approachable, and responsive.