We welcome applications from scholars from abroad or from elsewhere in the UK who wish to pursue research at Oxford in the area of development studies
Visitors' research proposals should fall broadly within one of the research areas covered by the department; see our Research pages for more information.
Visiting Fellows and Scholars work on their own research projects, but are expected to attend and participate in the wide variety of lectures and seminars available in the University. There are also flourishing Visiting Fellowship programmes at the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative, the Refugee Studies Centre and the Technology and Management Centre for Development.
Visiting Fellows and Scholars are externally funded or self-funded. We encourage applicants to seek funding from agencies and institutions in their own countries, as well as from the British Council, the Ford Foundation, DFID and other grant-making bodies.
If you have any questions, please contact the relevant focal point:
- The central department (ie, not one of ODID’s research centres): email@example.com
- The Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Refugee Studies Centre: email@example.com
- The Technology and Management Centre for Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Lives: email@example.com