The department is a lively community that is recognised internationally as one of the top centres for research and teaching in development studies.
Human Development Report 2011 Features New OPHI Index Results
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launched its 2011 Human Development Report on November 2, featuring updated results for 109 countries using the Multidimensional Poverty Index developed by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI).
Sustainability and Equity: A Better Future for All also features new analysis, including:
- Environmental poverty through the MPI lens
- Trends in MPI poverty over time for 7 countries
- Unmet need for family planning among the multidimensionally poor
- Figures for people vulnerable to poverty and living in severe poverty, by country
- Five new countries added to the total
- Twenty one countries updated with more recent MPI data