The department is a lively community that is recognised internationally as one of the top centres for research and teaching in development studies.
ODS Special Issue on Microfinance Now Online
A special issue of Oxford Development Studies entitled 'The Field of Microfinance and Development: Showcasing India' is now online.
The special issue, which was guest edited by Cyril Fouillet, Barbara Harriss-White and Marek Hudon, includes the following articles:
- Cyril Fouillet, Marek Hudon, Barbara Harriss-White and James Copestake, Microfinance studies: introduction and overview
- James Copestake, Research on Microfinance in India: Combining Impact Assessment with a Broader Development Perspective
- Susan Johnson, From Microfinance to Inclusive Financial Markets: The Challenge of Social Regulation
- Supriya Garikipati, Microcredit and Women’s Empowerment: Have We Been Looking at the Wrong Indicators?
- Isabelle Guérin, Santhosh Kumar and Isabelle Agier, Women’s Empowerment: Power to Act or Power over Other Women?
- Jessica Schicks, The Definition and Causes of Microfinance Over-Indebtedness: A Customer Protection Point of View
- Thibaut Dehem and Marek Hudon, Microfinance from the Clients’ Perspective: An Empirical Enquiry into Transaction Costs in Urban and Rural India
ODS is edited at ODID.
Access the issue here.