The department is a lively community that is recognised internationally as one of the top centres for research and teaching in development studies.
June Issue of Oxford Development Studies Now Online
The latest issue of Oxford Development Studies is now available online. ODS 41.2, June 2013, includes the following articles:
- Michael Palmer, Social protection and disability: a call for action
- Jeroen Adam, A comparative analysis of the micro-level genealogies of conflict in the Philippines' Mindanao Island and Indonesia's Ambon Island
- Smriti Agarwal, Pedro de Araujo and Jayash Paudel, HIV-Related Knowledge and Risky Sexual Behaviour in sub-Sahara Africa
- Ina Conradie, Can deliberate efforts to realise aspirations increase capabilities? A South African case study
- Amitava Saha, An Assessment of Gender Discrimination in Household Expenditure on Education in India
- William Joe, Udaya S Mishra & K Navaneetham, Inter-Group Inequalities in Child Undernutrition in India: Group Analogue of the Gini Coefficient and Atkinson’s Index
- Rama Pal, Out-of-pocket Health Expenditure: Impact on the Consumption of Indian Households
ODS is edited at ODID and published by Taylor and Francis.