The department is a lively community that is recognised internationally as one of the top centres for research and teaching in development studies.
Latest issue of Oxford Development Matters now online
We are delighted to announce that the latest issue of our departmental magazine, Oxford Development Matters, is now online.
The 2017 issue includes features on:
- The creation of the MPhil in Development Studies, now in its 20th anniversary year
- An absurdist play inspired by research into megaprojects
- An exhibition exploring waste and recycling in the Mediterranean
- Two new research projects in the Amazon: one investigating mindfulness practices, the other looking at a unique new university
- An option course on Pop Culture and Global Politics
- Research on women managers in the ready-made garment sector in Bangladesh
- A seminar series with and on refugee writers
ODM brings together alumni features with stories about research, events and other news at the department and is sent once a year in hard copy to all alumni.