The department is a lively community that is recognised internationally as one of the top centres for research and teaching in development studies.
Oxford Digital Diplomacy Research Group
The Oxford Digital Diplomacy Research Group is an academic collaborative project that aims to further the study and practice of digital diplomacy.
The group is led by Professor Corneliu Bjola (University of Oxford) working together with Jennifer Cassidy (DPhil candidate, University of Oxford) and Ilan Manor (DPhil candidate, University of Oxford).
The group holds regular talks, workshops and public events with members of the diplomatic community in London and Europe.
Recent and forthcoming events
For any inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital and Technology workshop (November 2017). Download the call for papers.
- Doctoral Conference on Digital & Public Diplomacy in partnership with the USC Center on Public Diplomacy (Oxford, June 2017)
- Digital Diplomacy and Social Network Analysis (EISA workshop, Cardiff, June 2017)
- The Embassy in the Digital Age – workshop at the United Nation Office at Geneva (May 2017, The Palais des Nations)
- Digital Diplomacy Strategy: What it is and How it Works, with Australian Embassy in Tel Aviv (April 2017)
- The Ambassadors’ Forum in partnership with the Cyprus High Commission (March 2017)
- Images and Online Narratives of International Relations (Oxford, Jan 2017)
- 17 Jan, 2017
'Trump’s undiplomatic Twitter diplomacy isn’t a joke – it’s a catastrophic risk'. DPhil Jennifer Cassidy co-authors piece for The Conversation17 Jan, 2017
'Generous friend or reckless bully: Sushma Swaraj’s Twitter diplomacy is a dangerous tightrope walk'. Corneliu Bjola and Ilan Manor quoted in Quartz on Indian Foreign Minister's twiplomatic controversy over Amazon09 Feb, 2017
'Why is Denmark creating the world's first digital embassy to deal with Google, Facebook and other technology giants?'. Corneliu Bjola comments for BBC Mundo07 Apr, 2017
'Diplomacy in the digital age'. Corneliu Bjola interviewed by Lithuanian co-project with The Economist, IQ22 Apr, 2017
'Re-crafting the Israeli digital narrative'. Corneliu Bjola, Ilan Manor write for Jerusalem Post05 Nov, 2017
'Digital diplomacy 2.0 pushes the boundary'. Corneliu Bjola writes for Global Times